Thursday, April 15, 2010

Give it a try...

I don't know about others who do blogs, but I have great intentions at least 15 times a day of posting. And it rarely happens. As I go about the (often) menial tasks of the day, I think of things to blog about: motherhood, stages of the babe, life, spirituality, cooking (well, mostly my love/hate relationship with it!), what we eat, the fun things that we do as a family, etc. But getting it from my head onto the screen is where the roadblock enters. For example, just getting this paragraph onto the screen has taken 10 minutes. Ten minutes of the babe falling over and getting stuck between the chair and table (to which I couldn't stop laughing), the oven timer going off, getting the next round of cookies in the oven, giving the remainder of the bottle to the babe, and then offering up multiple things from the table to keep her distracted whilst I type (at the moment, she's eating a wallet). And thus is my problem. I may have the thoughts to put on here, but by the time I get to sit down and type them out in peace, I can no longer remember having a brilliant thought in my day. (Side note: people weren't kidding when they talked about "mom brain". I have never felt so stupid in all of my life as I have in the last 9 months. I really and truly believe that when I pushed out a babe and then lost countless hours of sleep, I also pushed out and lost a chunk of my brain. It's unbelievable!).
So, all of this to say, I am going to make a pact with myself to blog each day for the next month. Even if it's one sentence at 11:59 pm, I want to say that I did it.

No comments: