Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Four

Four years of matrimony! Four years ago, I woke up to a rainy, cold day, hoping that all was going to be well. I went to bed the night before a little worried, as my soon-to-be-hubby had been throwing up all day and I had convinced myself that it was because he was getting cold feet. I was less than thrilled with him at the rehearsal dinner, I was a nervous wreck and cranky all day while setting things up, and basically, I didn't enjoy the day before the wedding. However, the day of the wedding, albeit disgusting weather, was wonderful and perfect and the start of four fantastic years together.
Today we are heading for a 2 day getaway at Cove Point Lodge, this fantastic Scandinavian place in Beaver Bay, right on Lake Superior. Think log beds, windows that look out over the lake, 4 state parks within a few miles, fireplace in our room, great food at this place. And while I love my daughter dearly, I am excited to sleep in for 2 days while she happily plays with her doting grandparents.
This morning has been one of the more chaotic anniversaries, not only because of packing, but Peanut threw up again last evening, so I am on pins and needles hoping that she doesn't do a repeat this morning, she fell off a chair after breakfast and hit her head and scratched her face, and I have a plugged milk duct for what feels like the millionth time. (Of note, I am SO over this pumping thing!) I need a vacation. 2 more hours and we're on our way!

No comments: