OK, this is not to spark a political debate. This is simply a musing from someone using the health care system.
Got a bill from taking Peanut to see an Orthopedic Surgeon at Gillette as a follow-up at 6 months for her hip dysplasia. $299 for x-rays. $395 for the clinic visit. $140 to see the doctor. Some other amount to have a radiologist read the x-rays. I understand that this doctor is fantastic. I'll pay him the $140. But when I called about the $395, I was told that was the amount just for visiting the clinic. $395 just to walk in the door of the clinic and be weighed, sit on the table, have a health history taken by the nurses. UNBELIEVABLE!!! The lady on the phone told me that because it's registered as a hospital, they can charge hospital rates to come in the door of the clinic. HOW IS THAT RIGHT????????????? Where is the regulation on that???? What a waste of my hard earned money and a waste of health care dollars. This is where I'd like to see reform. It makes me want to scream out of sheer frustration- people say they don't want the feds controlling our healthcare, but really, do we just let stuff like this go on unregulated???
Ok, I'm done. Got it out of my system. May need to call the Senator, as I am that annoyed.
No comments:
Post a Comment