Monday, June 9, 2008

The Waiting...

Is the hardest part! Finally got to be in the garden today after a rainy stint last week. The hail while we were gone shredded (!!!!) my hostas and other wee plants. But other things are looking well. I think that the hardest part of gardening is waiting to see if the plants that you started last year or two years ago or 4 weeks ago are going to turn into anything. It's hard for me to accept that I have to wait 1-2 years to see if my perennials really took and are going to bloom.
But seeing things like last year's Climatis at 3 feet already this year and huge buds on it...that is exciting! And makes the wait worthwhile. And the peonies are about to bloom. Ah the glory. Who knew I could be so excited about gardening?
Will get back to The Farm thoughts another day...have to go to work now.

No comments: