Sitting in the passenger seat of the car, driving through Derby, KS with GCNP (my husband), my sister, and her husband.
Me: "Wow, you know Derby has really moved up from small town to suburb when Target is here now"
10 seconds later, the two cars pull over on the side of the road and I hop out, wondering why we're stopping.
My parents get out of their car.
My mom: "Do you recognize that corner?"
Me (dumbly): "Nope, never seen Target here before"
Mom: "That's the family homestead."
Amazing. Target is on the homestead. This is the future, apparently.
And I wonder, how long before the new home developments and Target stores that sit on the homestead land move a mile down the road and encroach on the farm house land?
It's all progressing along, right on target, I guess. The suburbanization of American.
1 comment:
Nothing stands in the way of progress, does it? Depressing.
Post a Comment