- Laila has discovered saying "oh" to just about everything. The face she makes is classic. And she's learned how to hide around corners so that she can peek around and try to scare us or play peek-a-boo. So adorable, that one!
- Despite posting that I am terrified of going through childbirth again, I am very excited about a little one again (pulling out those newborn clothes and diapers got me in the mood for a wee one). I have been thinking a lot about Laila's newborn period and what I look forward to again with this one and what I might like to do differently this time around. And I am very tired of being pregnant about 50% of the time, usually at night when my back is screaming at me in bed or when I wake up every 1-2 hrs to heave myself over to the other side, so I am ready to get the babe out.
- That said, we have been thankful for every day that the baby has stayed in and kept growing, as I am measuring pretty small this time and the baby is about 3 weeks behind on growth. We had an ultrasound done 2 weeks ago, due to the slow growth, and he or she could use a little more "cooking" before coming out. Laila wasn't exactly a large child, so it's not really a surprise that I don't grow big babies, but I can definitely tell that I am smaller this time around.
- Childbirth...am going to try do it without drugs, since we anticipate another quick delivery and I figure that I survived it once, so I can do it again. I remember quite vividly how painful it was, but also the amazing satisfaction of feeling the baby come out with that final push. As soon as Laila was born, I could suddenly understand why women always share their childbirth stories. It is the most difficult and fascinating accomplishment that a body can go through.
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Few More Tidbits
I thought of a couple of things I didn't add to yesterday's post
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment