Monday, October 4, 2010

Carnivore

The other night, Charlie said that if we asked a Magic 8 Ball what the chances are of Laila being a vegetarian, the answer would be "Not Likely".
How true it is.
The child LOVES meat in almost all forms that we've offered to her (heck, she even ate some venison sausage the other night), but veggies are (and always have been) another story. Steamed, raw, mashed, pureed, etc, it doesn't matter. It's a big fat "No" from her, which saddens me, as Charlie and I are not picky eaters and we always thought we'd have kids who ate everything just because we offered a variety of items from a young age on. Ha! However, I have found one glorious way of getting veggies into her...soup. She will shovel in any vegetable that is in soup. Is it because they're really soft and mild flavored after sitting in broth all day? Is it because they have spices and broth on them? I have no idea, but peas, green beans, legumes, carrots, celery, potatoes, tomatoes, etc all go right on down. My guess is that we'll be eating a lot of soup this winter. Not that I mind...

1 comment:

a. borealis said...

That's not so bad, though. Take heart. :) Soup is so nourishing and an excellent way to stuff in a lot of good stuff. And probably a good way to get her used to eating a bunch of different stuff. Plus, large amounts of protein and fat is good for little ones. They need it. I understand the frustration though...those little guys can be such a mystery!

I can't wait to see you tomorrow - fun. I'll bring the meat sticks.