Tomorrow, it's one year. 365 days of her and us.
Friday, July 16, 2010
Last Moments
It's the last few hours of my baby's baby-hood. I had no idea I'd be so emotional about it. Went in to peek at her before I went to bed (my nightly ritual). I am always amazed at the positions I find her in...to me they are contortionist moves, to her they must be comfortable, as she is snoozing away. Tonight I found her basically where I left her, on her tummy, blanket still on. I put her to bed with her little stuffed puppy for the first time and when I peeked at her, 3.5 hours after I put her down, one arm was wrapped firmly around Puppy, her head resting on the stuffed one. I felt super-glued to the side of the crib, unable to stop staring at her. So sweet, that image of baby and little girl wrapped up in one. I honestly hope that this is the image that sticks in my head 17 or 30 years from now, when I look at her as an adult and reminisce about the days of babyhood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is so bittersweet, isn't it? (Sigh), I know....
Post a Comment