Well, I figured since a friend commented on my last post that I'd be getting baby fever again that perhaps I should finally just put it out there. A little unexpected for us, but we are excited nonetheless!! Given how long it took for Peanut to come along, we weren't thinking #2 was anywhere close. My friend Megs calls it "the little ovary that could", given that only one side works!! Oh, and the date was only a guesstimate on our part, as I wasn't paying attention to cycles. So we had an ultrasound and based on the size of the babe at that time, it's Jan 24. It was a relief to see that it was only one babe in there and that the heart was beating. It really only looked like a head and a torso, but we could see little arm and leg buds wiggling around, but they're so short and stubby that it made me giggle. It's amazing that a little person who is only 1.3 inches long and weighs less than an ounce could move that much, turn over, have a heartbeat, and wave its limbs at us. Human development, esp. fetal development, is FASCINATING.
1 comment:
Eeeeeeeek! Our babies are going to be just weeks apart. !!! Yip, yip, yip ----- how exciting. :)
Congratulations; how have you been feeling? And emotionally, how are you feeling about having another wee one? I remember a tinge of sadness, wondering how I could ever love another as much as #1 -- and that it would never be just "him and me" (ha, like Blaine didn't even exist). How are you???
Post a Comment