Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wintery Fun


We went to the cabin last weekend with my parents, my sister and BIL and new nephew, and good friend, Lyndi. It was a fantastic weekend of snow-shoeing, time spent in front of the roaring fire, and watching the skiers in the Birkebeiner ski race. Peanut got to go snow-shoeing with us in the backpack (thank you, Once Upon a Child, for the great pack that was so cheap!) and she seemed to love it. I felt so alive again, finally getting some fresh air and exercise. This is the part of winter that I love...warm enough to be outside and knowing that it's almost over!!

Can you tell she's a daddy's girl??


Hanging with cousin Theo- they spent a lot of time smiling at each other...and then she tries to hit him out of excitement.

The girlies at the Birkie. Main Street is packed with thousands of spectators, all ringing cowbells. It's the closest I'll probably ever get to the Olympics.

1 comment:

a. borealis said...

Loooooove the snow-shoeing/baby combo. Get 'em out there early. :) Cute.