Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day One

Kitchen remodel started today.  A couple of holes in the ground outside of the wall that will be demolished.  A garage that's starting to fill up with construction supplies and new kitchen appliances.  Massive amounts of money being discussed in deciding whether cabinets from Ikea or have someone custom make them.  Me, trying to decide if I should pack up the kitchen now, procrastinate yet another day, take pictures of the kitchen in its current state, or just try to block it all out and play with the kids instead.  I am thrilled and yet am dreading the next 8 weeks of upheaval in our household.  Yes, I found out today that I could be without a fully functional kitchen for up to 8 weeks.  Ack.  With 2 small children.  No sink.  No stove.  Food stored in boxes in the living room or the basement or somewhere else.  Yikes.  
And to think that this all started because I decided that I wanted a dishwasher.  Be careful what you ask for.

No comments: